Click HERE to see a list of sustainability champions for each school.
School-based Sustainability Champions are voluntary coordinators for green initiatives in our LPS buildings. They engage key stakeholders in the development and implementation of those initiatives, including principals, custodians, parents, and students. Optional meetings are held on a quarterly basis to explore ideas to make individual schools more sustainable. There are plenty of resources available to help champions pursue sustainable projects.
Principals are responsible for designating their sustainability champion via the school representatives list.
Sustainability Champion responsibilities are:
- To establish a school green team and hold regular meetings
- To coordinate participation in the LPS Green Schools Recognition Program
- To communication with the LPS Sustainability Department and share messages with their school
- To engage and support their school in sustainability programs and initiatives throughout the school year
Optional Quarterly Meetings
Second quarter meetings have been scheduled and will be held over zoom only. As always, there are two options available:
- Monday, October 26th, 4 – 5 pm
- Wednesday, October 28th, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
RSVP HERE to receive a calendar invite with zoom meeting information.