School-based Sustainability Champions are voluntary coordinators for green initiatives in our LPS buildings. They engage key stakeholders in the development and implementation of those initiatives, including principals, custodians, parents, and students. Optional meetings are held on a quarterly basis to explore ideas to make individual schools more sustainable. There are plenty of resources available to help champions pursue sustainable projects.
Principals are responsible for designating their sustainability champion via the school representatives list.
Check out this educational video to learn more about what it means to be a Sustainability Champion.
Sustainability Champion responsibilities are:
- To establish a school green team and hold regular meetings
- To coordinate participation in the LPS Green Schools Recognition Program
- To ensure that students and staff are following waste guidelines found on the Waste Resources for Staff page
- To communication with the LPS Sustainability Department and share messages with their school
- To engage and support their school in sustainability programs and initiatives throughout the school year
Optional Quarterly Meetings
The 1st Quarter Sustainability Champion meeting will have two options for attending:
- Monday, November 11th from 4 pm – 5 pm at LPSDO
- Wednesday, November 13th from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm at LPSDO
RSVP Here to receive a calendar invite.