Do you (or someone you know):
- Like to work with kids?
- Enjoy a fast-paced, team oriented work place?
- Want a part time job Monday-Friday earning more than minimum wage?
- Like to be home when your kids are home?
- Like your nights, weekends, holidays and summers off?
Then we have the perfect job for you! Come work in a school cafeteria as a food service worker.
Shifts are generally between four to six hours per day. Typical working hours range between 9:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. on school days. Work alongside amazing dedicated professionals who take pride in serving nutritious meals with a smile.
- Once you enter the system, you will see a list of all current job postings
- New positions are posted every Tuesday
- Click on the position title for more information about the specific position and to apply
- Apply for each position you wish to be considered for
- The Department employs about 380 food service staff and 80 substitutes
- Work school days only (180 days per year) – Pay is spread out over a 12 month period
- Starting wage $13.65 per hour for food service worker and $11.84 for food service substitute
- All Nutrition Services employees (with the exception of Substitute) are eligible to sign up for the District health insurance benefit
- Job duties include food preparation, serving, cashiering, dishwashing and cleaning – with an emphasis on excellent customer service
- Opportunities for advancement include Head Baker, Head Cook, Assistant Manager, Manager Trainee and Manager
- Prep/Cook level Food Handlers Permit issued by the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department is required
- Food Service Worker may be assigned to one school or assigned as an Itinerant to cover long term assignments. Both positions receive the same benefits and pay
- Dress code requires a Food Zone polo shirt, black pants, hair net and fully enclosed shoes
- On-the-job training provided