LPS Athletics COVID Attendance Protocols
All Attending should self-screen before attending. If not feeling well, please do no attend.
Face coverings will be required for all spectators at both indoor and outdoor activities.
Families may sit together, but should maintain a minimum of a 6ft distance from other spectators.
LPS has worked with the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department to develop the following high school spring athletics protocols (subject to change based on current health conditions):
With the update to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department’s Directed Health Measures, Lincoln Public Schools is making the following adjustments to the spring sports spectator protocols effective Friday, April 23.
- All competition sites are open to 75 percent capacity for general admission. The limit of a certain number of spectators per athlete has been removed. As per the DHM, once 75 percent capacity of the venue is reached, no additional spectators will be allowed admission into the event. Admission will be open to anyone on a first come, first serve basis.
- All spectators must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending any event. If you answer yes to any of the screening questions, please stay home.
- All spectators must wear multi-layered face coverings over the mouth and nose the entire time they are at the event.
- Limited concessions may be sold. Individuals may lower their mask to take a bite or drink, but must promptly return the face covering over the mouth and nose in between bites and drinks. No outside food or drink by spectators will be allowed.
- Spectators are asked to maintain as much physical distance as possible between groups.
Limited concessions may be sold. Individuals may lower their mask to take a bite or drink, but must promptly return the face covering over the mouth and nose in between bites and drinks. No outside food or drink by spectators will be allowed.
The ability to livestream spring competitions will be limited by technology capability at each location. When available, each school has a YouTube Channel to provide free livestreaming.
Schools’ YouTube Channels for Sports:
The following are the requirements for media wishing to cover LPS athletic teams:
- NSAA credentials are required, and you must sign in at the gate.
- Face coverings over the mouth and nose must be worn at all times.
- Contact the school athletic director for any questions.
If you wish to attend a practice or speak to a coach or athlete at school, please contact Jason Keese at email@example.com, or by calling 402-436-1610. Jason will assist you in setting up the request with the school.