Yearbook Photo Information
Senior picture deadline date
October 31 (photo placement in the yearbook cannot be guaranteed if photo is received after this date. Seniors’ school-identification photos will be used as available if another photo is not submitted.) If you have questions concerning your senior picture submission please contact the yearbook adviser at the school. Yearbook advisers can be viewed here.
You may go to any photographer you choose...
However, the photograph submitted for use in the yearbook must meet the following specifications to the satisfaction of each school’s yearbook adviser. Take the specifications with you to your photo shoot to make sure your photographer is aware of the requirements. Make certain your photographer agrees to follow these specifications BEFORE you have your picture taken. It is recommended to obtain estimates of costs from several photographers before making an appointment.
- Photos should be four-color digital images, submitted electronically.
- Photos should be high resolution (225 dpi), saved in JPEG format.
- Photos should be cropped and resized to vertical, wallet-size photo (approximately 2” X 3” tall). Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- The background should not be distracting, and should contrast with student’s clothing color (medium–toned, neutral-color backgrounds preferred).
- The student’s head and face should stand out from background, and have sufficient contrast.
- The student’s pose should be a basic head-and-shoulder shot, preferably full front or slightly to the side. Avoid extreme angles and hands in photo.
- Clothing should be school appropriate (avoid wording on clothing).
- No props or hats are allowed and no items (i.e. tree trunk, fence, etc.) should appear in front of the student.
Note: Photos may be cropped by the school for uniformity of size. Hands and arms will be cropped as necessary since head-and-shoulder shots are requested.
Electronic Submissions Instructions
- Crop and resize original to vertical wallet-sized 2” X 3” photo. Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- Save as high resolution at 225 dpi in JPEG format
- Name file with student’s name (last_first.jpg, example: jones_john.jpg)
- Visit http://www.lps.org/apps/yearbookupload
- Enter the student’s first name, last name and select their home school.
- Select the digital file on your computer and submit the form
- Repeat this process for any additional students whom you need to submit
- Please send a backup CD of photos submitted to the school (only if you have more than one senior photographed)