Yearbook Photo Information
Senior picture deadline date
October 31 (photo placement in the yearbook cannot be guaranteed if photo is received after this date. Seniors’ school-identification photos will be used as available if another photo is not submitted.) If you have questions concerning your senior picture submission please contact the yearbook adviser at the school. Yearbook advisers can be viewed here.
You may go to any photographer you choose...
However, the photograph submitted for use in the yearbook must meet the following specifications to the satisfaction of each school’s yearbook adviser. Take the specifications with you to your photo shoot to make sure your photographer is aware of the requirements. Make certain your photographer agrees to follow these specifications BEFORE you have your picture taken. It is recommended to obtain estimates of costs from several photographers before making an appointment.
- Photos should be digital images that are submitted electronically.
- Photos should be high resolution and saved in JPEG format.
- Photos should be cropped and resized to be a vertical, wallet-size photo (i.e., the photo could fit inside a wallet). If you cannot crop your photo vertically, then submit a horizontal photo, and the yearbook staff will crop it accordingly.
- The background should not be distracting, and should contrast with student’s clothing color (medium–toned, neutral-color backgrounds preferred).
- The student’s head and face should stand out from the background, and have sufficient contrast.
- The student’s pose should be a basic head-and-shoulder shot.
- Clothing should be school appropriate (avoid wording on clothing).
- The focus of the photo should be the student; therefore, no props are allowed, and no items (e.g., tree trunk, fence, building, etc.) should obscure any portion of the student’s face.
Note: Photos may be cropped by the school for uniformity of size. Hands and arms may be cropped as necessary since head-and-shoulder shots are requested.
Electronic Submissions Instructions
- Visit http://www.lps.org/apps/yearbookupload
- Enter the student’s first name, last name and select their home school.
- PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK THAT YOU HAVE SELECTED THE CORRECT SCHOOL.
- Select the digital file on your computer.
- Click submit.
- Repeat this process for any additional students whom you need to submit.