Planning Region Team 18
In Nebraska, Early Childhood Planning Region Teams function as local inter-agency coordinating councils. There are 28 Planning Regions in the state. Each one covers a specific geographic area, ranging from one school district to several counties. Every area of the state is within the boundaries of a Planning Region.
Planning Region Teams provide the community level mechanism for planning and assisting with the implementation of the Early Intervention Act. The purpose of the Act is to support healthy families who are able to make their own decisions to have access to services and resources as early as possible. Specifically, the responsibilities of the local PRT include:
- Discussing issues of regional concern
- Making recommendations and providing feedback to local agencies
- Identifying the potential agency to provide services coordination for the region
- Working with the Services Coordinator(s) to identify gaps and develop resources and services needed
- Identifying training and technical assistance needs
- Conducting meetings at least quarterly
- Working on ChildFind and public awareness to identify young children
The Lincoln Public Schools and the Early Development Network chair the meetings for Planning Region Team #18. For additional information about the meetings, please contact the Department of Early Childhood at 402-436-1941. Each team is required by law to include representatives from:
- Families of children with special needs, age 12 or younger
- Local School Districts and Educational Service Units (ESUs)
- Health and Human Services
- The services coordination contracting agency
- Health/Medical and Developmental Disabilities Services
- Head Start or Early Head Start
- Underserved children and families, including low income, inner city, Indian, homeless, migrant, and minority populations, and rural areas as applicable for the region
- Child care
- Regions are also encouraged to have representatives from other public and private agencies, business community leaders and clergy.
If you are interested in attending a meeting please contact us at 402-436-1941.