During the Spring of 2016, the LPS Board of Education approved a plan to install integrated audio systems from Audio Enhancement in every LPS classroom across the district. The systems distribute audio throughout the classroom enabling all students to hear the lesson from anywhere in the room.
Tips for Getting Started
- Wear the teacher mic (“teardrop” – on the lanyard) every day.
- Position the teacher mic approximately 4-6 inches from the mouth.
- Make sure the volume is set correctly. As a general rule, if you can hear yourself through the speakers, the volume is too high.
- Charge the teacher mic nightly. (Make sure that the charger is plugged in right side up – the arrow on the body of the microphone, and the connector should match up)
- Power off your mic when you leave the classroom so that it does not get ‘picked up’ by other classrooms as you pass by.
- If you have students with hearing impairments that require the teacher to wear a mic, you will have to wear both as one system does not feed the other.
If you’re experiencing feedback from the system, check to ensure the audio plug if fully plugged into the audio port on the back of the projector. If you are unable to do this, please submit a HelpDesk ticket to have a building tech assist you in your troubleshooting needs.