Utilizing the Crisis Response Team
The Crisis Response Team is a supportive service which can help schools assess, plan and intervene in crises affecting staff and students. A preplanned, organized approach has been shown to be effective in reducing the emotional and social impact of a crisis. The three Lincoln Public Schools Crisis Response Teams have had specialized training to assist building administrators in directing crisis resolution activities and are available to schools 24 hours a day year round.
Crisis Response Team Services
- Meet with building administrators and key staff to formulate an action plan.
- Facilitate staff meeting to provide information related to the crisis.
- Support school staff.
- Help teachers process information with students.
- Work with students individually or in groups.
- Be available for contact with parents.
- Provide helpful, factual information to parents.
- Assist in handling media coverage.
Director, Student Services
firstname.lastname@example.org | 402-436-1651
P.O. Box 82889
Lincoln, Nebraska 68501