The LPS Portal
Students and staff begin every day at a website we call “The Portal.” It includes buttons for most of the web services used in LPS. Think of it like a table of contents. Clicking a button takes users directly to a web service. Where possible, no additional login is required because the Portal verifies your LPS identity to the web tool.
Some things to know:
- Students can click on the HOME button in Chrome to be taken to The Portal.
- LPS.org keyword = PORTAL will take staff to The Portal.
- You will be forced to sign into the Portal at least once a day.
- The buttons you see on the Portal are specific to your role, building, and/or grade level.
- If you are using your own device, simply close the browser tab when finished with a tool. There is no need to log out of a web tool or the Portal. This will save time when you return to the tool.
- If you are NOT using your own device, make sure to log out of the Portal and quit the browser when you are finished working. To do this, click on the 3-line “hamburger” menu in the top left corner of the screen and select “log out.”
Questions or issues with The Portal should be filed as a HelpDesk ticket under:
- Software/Service >> LPS Web Services >> Other Web Services
Using the Favorites Feature
The district assigns tools to the user’s Portal, but individuals can set their own favorites from the list of things assigned.
- By default, users are directed to the Favorites page. To see all applications, click the “All” tab.
- Hover the mouse over the application icon of the item to favorite.
- Right-click (alt+click on a Chromebook) on the application.
- Select Add (tool) to Favorites.
- Click on the “Favorites” tab to see only your favorited applications.
- Click the 3-line “hamburger” menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Portal Manager.
- Click on the Favorites tab.
- Click on the Remove button associated with the application you’d like to remove from your favorites.