The LPS Portal
To bring visibility to tools that are approved for use and make it easier to get logged into web services, district students and staff are asked to use a site called The Portal. The Portal includes icons that take users directly to a web service just like a bookmark or a tool listed in the Chrome app launcher. For services that support single sign-on (SSO), no additional login is required as the portal passes the credentials (login/password) automatically. The icons listed can be individualized by building or grade level.
- LPS.org keyword = portal will take you to The LPS Portal. Make sure to log out of the portal and quit the browser if not on your own computer!
- To do this, click on the 3-line “hamburger” menu in the top left corner of the screen and select “log out.”
- If an LPS Chromebook launches Chrome and does not go to The Portal page automatically, have students click on the HOME button which will then take them to The Portal.
- When a user clicks a portal button, they should close the tab for that tool when finished rather than log out of the tool. Closing the tab, rather than logging out of the tool, will save time when they subsequently access the tool and closing the tab will return them to The Portal tab.
- Questions or issues with The Portal should be filed as a HelpDesk ticket under: Software/Service >> LPS Web Services >> Other Web Services
Using the Favorites Feature
The district assigns tools to the user’s Portal, but individuals can set their own favorites from the list of things assigned.
- By default, users are directed to the Favorites page. To see all applications, click the “All” tab.
- Hover the mouse over the application icon of the item to favorite.
- Right-click (alt+click on a Chromebook) on the application.
- Select Add (tool) to Favorites.
- Click on the “Favorites” tab to see only your favorited applications.
- Click the 3-line “hamburger” menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Portal Manager.
- Click on the Favorites tab.
- Click on the Remove button associated with the application you’d like to remove from your favorites.