High School Curriculum
General Support Materials
NEW inquiry lesson plans by subject/grade level
- Lessons contained within this folder were developed by LPS teachers during the Library of Congress grant workshops during the Summer of 2017. Thanks to Nebraska Wesleyan University for partnering with LPS on this project!
Lesson Plan Glossary
- Get your guide to all the LPS Social Studies terminology here.
- A treasure trove of strategies to be adapted to any social studies lesson. Strategies include: providing hooks, engaging students with a source, writing questions at varying depths of knowledge, and designing formative practice and summative opportunities.
- A collection of guides with questions categorized by historical thinking skill matched with a variety of documents (e.g. map, political speech, etc.)
Media Literacy and Civil Discourse “starter kits”
- A beginning list of resources to teach media literacy and civil discourse in your social studies classroom.
Every teacher is encouraged to leave feedback at their grade level. Feedback will be used to help guide future curriculum work. Access the feedback form here.
Curriculum Guides & Subject-Specific Support Materials
The following high school courses are currently required at Lincoln Public Schools.* Please see below for links to resources for your content area.
Government and Politics (Google Drive)
Economics (Google Drive)
Psychology (Google Drive)
US History (Google Drive)
World History (Google Drive)
*There are a number of alternative offerings and elective courses at the high school level. Please consult department chairs at individual schools for this information.