The LPS Purchasing Department’s goal is to support the educational programs and services across the district by obtaining the best quality products at the best price. The Purchasing Department is constantly looking for ways to innovate procurement techniques and promote fair, ethical and legal trade practices. The Purchasing Department grants all vendors equal consideration and respect, offering competitive opportunities to small businesses, disadvantaged businesses, woman-owned businesses and minority owned businesses
Purchasing consists of two related entities: the Purchasing Office and the Distribution Center.
- The Purchasing Office, at 5905 O Street, has staff which include buyers and clerical personnel.
- The Distribution Center, at 505 South Street. Their responsibilities include:
- Delivering mail
- Receiving merchandise and distributes to district locations.
- Solving problems associated with the receipt of merchandise
- Keeping and distributing an inventory of commonly used items, custodial chemicals and office supplies.