Contests / Awards / Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cook Foundation is a private, independent foundation established in 2000 to advance the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need.
- Nicholas Green Awards: This award was originally created to honor a child’s memory; while the original funding source has been depleted states may contribute to it. Nebraska contact information is email@example.com or call 402-880-9103.
- Leta Hollingworth Student Award: This award, available to students in grades 7-12, consists of a cash award in the amount of $1000 and a copy of A Forgotten Voice, A Biography of Leta Stetter Hollingworth. One award will be given each year to a graduating senior. The recipient must have distinguished him or herself through outstanding achievement, accomplishment, or unusual ability. The award winner will be announced May 1.
- US Math Contest: This mathematics competition is open to all United States middle and high school students and provides a month in which to solve the problems.
- The World History Foundation offers an essay competition on the topic, In what way has the study of world history affected my understanding of the world in which I live? The winner receives a $500 prize.
- The Concord Review provides a forum for students in high school to submit an academic paper; the submission fee is $70.