To be inducted:
- Inductees must earn 10 points, 5 of which should be awarded for work done at the school where he or she will be inducted. Accumulation of points will begin September of the student’s freshman year. All hours earned outside of the school will need to be verified.
- In general, 1 point represents approximately 10 hours of excellent work. Troupe directors should use this formula in awarding points for categories not specifically listed in the recommended Thespian point awards.
- A Thespian moving to another affiliated school is entitled to transfer his or her membership. Transferring Thespians bring a minimum of 10 points with them to the new school.
- Induction points should be earned through participation in at least two productions at Lincoln East High School.
- Induction points should be earned in at least two of the categories, for example, acting and production.
- Students may earn up to 5 points toward induction through participation in community, or professional theatre; or in other activities in the performing arts. However, these points are calculated as half credit. (ex. A lead in a community full show would be worth 4 points instead of 8)
- Thespian membership will be made available on an equitable basis to all students who qualify.
To maintain active status:
- Participate in at least 2 events per school year.
- Attend ITS/Drama Club meetings
- Adhere to all school policies
When totaling points:
- Members that have served as more than one role in a show, may choose to count one role for points and the second role, as long as it is in a different category, for half of the assigned points.
- 5 points from outside EHS theatre may be used for induction purposes and during the year to advance levels. Outside productions are calculated at half credit, and must be verified with a note from the director, or a copy of the program listing the student’s name and role/job.
- Point totals can be updated after each EHS main stage production.