Our children are at risk from people who want to do harm and one of the easiest ways they find our youth is through social media and gaming platforms.
Join Stephanie Olson with the Set Me Free Project for a special presentation as she discusses how we can work together to keep our children safe on social media.
October 27, 2022
Scott Middle School (Multipurpose Room)
2200 Pine Lake Rd., Lincoln
The session will cover:
- How to help your child safely navigate social media and gaming platforms
- Current apps – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- What the grooming process is and how people who want to do harm use social media to groom our kids
- Our kids’ brains on social media: The science of social media, and how does social media affect kids
- Sexual images and social media
- How youth are at risk and by whom
This event is sponsored by Lincoln Public Schools in partnership with School Community Interventions & Prevention (SCIP) and Region V Systems.