DL Teacher Checklist
If you are a teacher sharing a course with remote school districts, use the checklist below to make sure the experience is successful—for you AND the remote students.
- Starting and ending dates of school – sending and receiving school both informed.
- Message from sending teacher sent to receiving contact person with any pertinent information (contact, activities, other)
- Share school bulletins, newsletters, schedule changes, etc.
DL teacher shares these things with remote students:
- Course syllabus
- Grading policies
- Attendance policies
- Homework expectations
- Behavior expectations
- When are parent/teacher conferences? Will the sending teacher participate?
- How will remote parents get student grade information?
- Does sending teacher know who remote contact is, and have contact information easily available?
- Is there a classroom monitor at the remote site?
- Will they do monitor testing?
- Will they report attendance (if student is absent, etc.)
- Who is responsible for site students during times that class is not meeting?
- Do students have access to a computer?
- Who will be available to support remote students’ computer use?