Employment with the Nutrition Services Department
- The Department employs about 380 food service staff and 80 substitutes
- Generally work four hours (4.5 hour shift with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
- Shifts are scheduled between the hours of 9:00-2:00 pm
- Work school days only (180 days per year) - Pay is spread out over a 12 month period
- Starting wage $13.00 per hour for food service worker and $11.72 for food service substitute
- All Nutrition Services employees (with the exception of Substitute) are eligible to sign up for the District health insurance benefit
- Job duties include food preparation, serving, cashiering, dishwashing and cleaning - with an emphasis on excellent customer service
- On-the-job training provided
- Opportunities for advancement include Head Baker, Head Cook, Assistant Manager, Manager Trainee and Manager
- Prep/Cook level Food Handlers Permit issued by the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department is required.
- Food Service Worker may be assigned to one school or assigned as an Itinerant to cover long term assignments. Both positions receive the same benefits and pay
- Dress code requires a Food Zone polo shirt, black pants, hair net and fully enclosed shoes
To be considered for a position with the Nutrition Services Department, complete a
Classified Application Form.