Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS)
Family And Consumer Sciences (FACS) Education empowers students to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. The work and family relationship is a unique focus of our discipline. The study of Family and Consumer Sciences helps the student develop an understanding of how individuals interact with others, cope with change and learn to manage his/her life in a meaningful way.
Family And Consumer Sciences High School courses prepare students for family life and careers in many disciplines including: Nutrition, Food Preparation, Parenting, Relationships, Early Childhood Education, K-12 Education, Family Economics, Human Development, Interior Design, and Fashion Design. Middle Level courses provide Basic Life Skill and Career Exploration.
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Beefy brownies? LHS culinary students say ‘YES!’
- A practical class with real-life lessons and pot pies
- Nearly finished projects in Clothing class
- An intro into a wide array of career opportunities in health care
- LSW groups wins award for student body project
- Rocket Restaurant serves up student talents, sandwiches
- If you love the food, thank the program that inspires the students and their talents
- LPS Culinary Conference
- FCCLA State Leadership Conference
- 2015 HBAL Competition