WordPress at LPS
WordPress is a web based tool you can use to create a beautiful website or blog at Lincoln Public Schools. It is available to all LPS staff members with an email login and password. You can begin creating pages and posts immediately.
Submit a ticket:
LPS Computing Services trains and supports WordPress. If you run into a hurdle, we’d be happy to help you over it!
Ask / Discuss:
If you’d rather ask a question of your colleagues or see what others have been asking, we encourage you to do so either by commenting on a WordPress document below or in our discussion forums.
WordPress has a wealth of information on its “Codex” website. You can also access help section by clicking on Help in the upper right corner when logged into WordPress or follow the link below:
- WWW: WordPress Codex
- PDF: WordPress Basics for LPS handout (PDF – Updated May 2013)
- WWW: WordPress @ LPS. See lots of great tutorial videos on how to do frequently requested tasks.
- TUTORIAL: Adding video to your LPS WordPress site
Specific topics of interest to LPS staff
- Adding Users to Your WordPress Site
- Creating a Photo Gallery with WordPress and an iPad
- Adding a Calendar to a WordPress Web Site
- WordPress Mobile App Setup
- Embedding Videos in LPS Web Pages
- WordPress for LPS
- Using the Link Widget
- WordPress and Your Mobile
- Editing the WordPress Sidebar
- Feeling Squeezed by the WordPress Upload Quota? Optimize!
- Tips to speed up your WordPress site
- HTML Named Colors
- Placing Tables into WordPress Posts and Pages
- WordPress admin on smaller screens
- Using video on your wordpress site
WordPress Apps for your mobile devices:
WordPress is available for use on mobile devices. The advantages these tools offer begin with the ability to upload photos to your blog page live as they happen, easily manage comments, and edit the website from wherever you may be.