Activity Stream: Inbox Filters for LPS Zimbra
About the Activity Stream Filter
The Activity Stream is a filter with preset rules that moves messages sent through distribution lists to which you are subscribed, commercial mass marketing, and bulk mail messages from your Inbox to an “Activity Stream” folder.
Set Up Your Activity Stream Filter
- Select your Mail tab
- Click the Action gear icon next to the Folders heading to the left
- Choose “Activity Stream”
- Click the “Enable” checkbox in the Activity Stream dialog box.
The Activity Stream filter displays in your Active Filters list.
Move Messages Into the Activity Stream Folder
If you receive an email message in your Inbox that you wish to see filtered to the Activity Stream folder in the future, drag and drop the message into the Activity Stream folder.
- In your Inbox, select the message you want to move.
- Drag and drop the message into the Activity Stream folder.
- In the Activity Stream Rules dialog that appears, select properties to create a rule that will apply to similar messages in the future.
- Click Save.
Move Messages Out of the Activity Stream Folder
If you have an email message routed to the Activity Stream folder that you do not want to filter, you can create an “exception”. Similar messages received in the future will no longer be filtered to the Activity Stream folder.
- Select a message in your Activity Stream folder.
- Drag and drop the message into your Inbox.
- In the Activity Stream Exceptions dialog, select properties to create a rule to prevent similar messages from being routed into the Activity Stream folder in the future.
- Click Save.
Activity Stream Exceptions
If you are having problems with your Activity Stream moving LPS messages or not moving anything at all, try these two simple solutions.
Remove the Activity Stream
Have you given Activity Stream a few weeks and it just never grew on you? That’s OK. It happens, kudos for giving it a try. Following are instructions for returning your inbox to a pre-Activity Stream state.
- Move all messages from your “Activity Stream” folder to your Inbox or another appropriate folder.
- Delete the Activity Stream folder.
- Open the Preferences tab and click on Filters on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Activity Stream and/or Activity Stream Exceptions rules and click the delete button above the “Active Filter” area.
Updated July 5, 2017