Adding a Calendar to a WordPress Web Site
Create Your Calendar
If you don’t already have a calendar that you want to put on your wordpress site, you need to create one. You can do this by clicking on the small gear after the word Calendars in your left column
Name Your Calendar
Name your calendar something useful to you and hit “OK”
Ensuring that your new calendar is selected , add some events to your calendar . Sometimes its easiest to unselect your other calendars to ensure stuff is going on the right calendar, but it’s not necessary.
Once your calendar has stuff on it, it’s time to share it
You can share your calendar by clicking on the small down arrow after your calendar name and selecting “Share Calendar”
Share and Get Web Address
You want to share this calendar with “Public” so that visitors to your web page can view the it . You also need to copy the address to the public calendar by right-clicking on the address after the word “View” and selecting “Copy Link Address” (Chrome) or “Copy Link Location” (Firefox) . If you do not have a right mouse button to click on this, you can hold down the control key on your mac keyboard while you click OR with a mac trackpad you can click with two fingers instead of one.
Hit “OK” to save your changes and close the dialog once you have done this step.
WordPress: Add a Calendar Page
Now we need a page to put this calendar on to. In WordPress, select Pages and “Add New”
Putting the Calendar on Your Page
There are quite a few steps here, so we’ll go one at a time
- Change your formatting option to “Text” so you can place your calendar code into this page.
- Type the following into your page: <iframe style=”border: none;” src=”
- After this, paste in the address you copied from Zimbra
- Finish it off by typing: ” width=”100%” height=”1000″></iframe> (yours should now look similar to the example shown)
- If you are using the standard LPS staff theme, I’d select the “No Sidebar” option under Template to give you the full width of the page for your calendar
- Finally, hit “Publish”
Hit “View Page”
Calendar on WordPress!!
That’s it! You have a calendar in your WordPress page. Want to add or remove events? Just go to zimbra and take care of your calendar like any other calendar you would have. You can even share that calendar like other Zimbra calendars and let others help manage it.
Updated July 6, 2017