Saved Search – Unread Messages in Inbox
Whenever you go through your email box in a non-sequential manner, you end up with messages that are read and messages that are unread mixed throughout your Inbox. Sometimes this leads to a desire to see only those that are unread.
Zimbra has a feature called ‘Saved Searches‘ where you can set it up so that you can quickly view the messages in your Inbox that are unread.
Follow the steps below to set up a Saved Search for Unread Messages in your Zimbra Inbox:
- Log in to Zimbra
- Click the magnifying glass in the Search box toward the top of your screen
- Click the Folder… button and select Inbox
- Under Basic Filters click the check box next to is unread
- Click the Save button found in the upper right corner
- Name the Saved search ‘Inbox – Unread‘ (or something similar)
- Click the X to close the search tab
To see how this works all together:
- Click your mouse on the Inbox in the upper-left corner of your screen
- Use the scroll bar to move beneath your list of mail folders to the section called Searches.
- Click the Saved Search called Inbox – Unread
From now on, you can easily select either your full Inbox or the Unread – Inbox search.
Click here to see a video of this process – no audio is provided.
Updated July 6, 2017