Food Distribution — From Lincoln Public Schools
Grab-and-go Meals Weekly Distribution
Lincoln Public Schools continues to evaluate its meal program in an effort to maintain the safety of our community and make sure more children are able to access healthy meals. Based on current restrictions in place by the City of Lincoln, the following changes are being made to the grab-and-go meals provided at schools starting Monday, March 30.
- Four more LPS sites have been added, bringing the total number of sites to 12.
- More meals are being prepared for each location.
- Distribution will now be weekly on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Drive-thru sites are being set up at each location and families are strongly encouraged to stay in their vehicles and pick up the child meals in the drive-thru lane.
- To keep everyone safe, please follow LPS staff directions and signage.
- Please obey all traffic laws and do not block the regular flow of traffic, driveways or arterial streets surrounding schools.
- The sites will open at 11 a.m. and vehicle lines will not be allowed to form more than five minutes prior to opening.
- There is a walk-up area available for families who do not have a vehicle, but long lines will not be allowed. Please follow the directions from LPS staff. Cones will be set to promote proper line spacing.
- Each child will continue to receive five breakfasts and five lunch meals.
- The meals are for children only, and all children 18 and younger are eligible for meals.
- Children must now be present to receive the meals.
- Meals are also available to persons with disabilities, ages 18 to 21, who participate in LPS programs. They must also be present to receive the meals.
Meals will be distributed weekly on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the following LPS locations. Additional LPS staff will be available at each site to ensure that proper social distancing measures are taking place for the health and safety of our community.
Click images to view larger.
Northeast High School
From the Food Bank of Lincoln
Schools with LPS BackPack Program and Food Markets
ALL Schools with LPS BackPack Program and Food Markets
The Food Bank of Lincoln remains committed to feeding children and families. To ensure food distribution sustainability and help as many people as they can for as long as they can, the Food Bank of Lincoln will temporarily halt all BackPack Program activity and School Food Markets. However, during the week of March 31 – April 4, any family is welcome to pick up pre-packaged bags of food at these locations:
Tuesday, March 31
- 1 – 1:45 p.m., Elliott Elementary School (225 S. 25th St.)
- 3 – 3:45 p.m., Saratoga Elementary School (2215 S. 13th St.)
Wednesday, April 1
- 2:30 – 3:20 p.m., Lefler Middle School (1100 S. 48th St.)
Thursday, April 2
- 10 – 11 a.m., The Bay (2005 Y St.)
- 2:45 – 3:10 p.m., Schoo Middle School (700 Penrose Dr.)
- 3 – 4 p.m., Oak Lake Church (3300 N. 1st St.)
Friday, April 3
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m., Pound Middle School (4740 S. 45th St.)
- 3 – 4 p.m., McPhee Elementary School (820 Goodhue Blvd.)
Saturday, April 4
- 10 – 11:30 a.m., Jacob’s Well at First Presbyterian Church (840 S. 17th St.)
The Food Bank of Lincoln has these requirements for anyone who attends food distribution:
- Only one member per household, unless you have physical limitations.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and other individuals.
- All available food will be pre-bagged. You must take the complete bag without exception.
- They cannot and will not accept individual items back once they have been distributed.
- They will distribute food in a drive-thru model. Please note: They are taking the health and safety of their staff. extremely seriously. Therefore, staff will not be allowed to carry products to or lift products into vehicles.
- Do not approach Food Bank tables or vehicles. They will designate a location within a safe distance where you can collect your bag of food.
LPS Emergency Pantry
Following our standard LPS closure policy, the LPS Emergency Pantry will NOT be open while LPS is closed. For more information about accessing the Lincoln Food Bank distribution locations visit their website.