Reminders from LPS Health Services
Now that there are eight lab confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 in Lincoln, we want to share important reminders on how all of us can work together to prevent further spread:
- Stay home and avoid non-essential trips. This includes playdates, social gatherings, or anything in a public setting.
- If you have to be in a public setting, practice social distancing by remaining at least six feet from another person.
- Going outside and getting fresh air by yourself or with family is healthy. When going outside practice social distancing and continue infection control measures. This includes not using park or playground equipment, when possible do not touch common surfaces, avoiding areas with more than 10 people, and staying six feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer as soon as possible after being in a public setting.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Self monitor yourself and your family for the following symptoms:
- Fever over 100 degrees
- Trouble Breathing
- Sore throat
- If you are experiencing one or any combination of these symptoms, contact your healthcare provider for instructions.
- Wash yours hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then throw the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands immediately after.
Safety takes a community! Thank you for collaborating with us to keep our students, families and staff safe and healthy.
Wendy Rau, RN
Health Services Supervisor
Updated March 30, 2020