Changes to Remote Learner Meal Distribution
Starting Monday, April 19, students who are participating in remote learning full time can pick up meals at North Star (door 10 on the west side of the building) or Lincoln High (door 3 near Capitol Parkway) from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Just a reminder:
- The meal distribution is only for students who are learning 100% remotely. Students attending in person for any portion of their learning are not permitted to purchase meals at these sites.
- Families can choose either site and students are not required to be present. The person picking up the meals must have the student ID number(s).
- Due to the pandemic, the USDA is federally funding breakfast and lunch for all students while the federal funding lasts. All LPS students in preschool – 12 grade and the Independence Academy will be offered breakfast and lunch at no charge. LPS will communicate when the program is coming to an end for families to plan around breakfast and lunch purchases.
- Families must park and enter the building as described on the maps.
- Face coverings are required.
- Safety protocols will be in place such as physically distancing cones to space out the line.
Please note: April 12 will be the last day distribution will take place at Southeast High School. Families may continue picking up meals at North Star or Lincoln High.