Lincoln Public Schools is the second largest public school district in Nebraska, serving over 42,000 students from early childhood and kindergarten through senior year in high school—and at 39 elementary schools, twelve middle schools, six high schools and numerous programs and focus programs.
In addition to Superintendent Steve Joel, members of the LPS Speaker’s Bureau offer a broad variety of voices in all aspects of public education in the School District, telling the fascinating story of our schools: addressing the School District’s master facility plan, the value of school athletics, the School District budget, what we want students to learn and how we know they are learning it, and much more.
Speakers tailor their time and topics to the needs of your group, whether it is a community organization, a business or a neighborhood group. There is no fee for this service, but we suggest advance notice.
Please call us today—and invite us to speak for the children.
Contact Mary Kay Roth, Director, Communications for Lincoln Public Schools
Phone: 402-436-1609—Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
President, Lincoln Public Schools Board of Education
- The Lincoln Board of Education is working for you
- The value of public education to our community
Additional members of the Lincoln Board of Education are also available.
For information about our board of education, president and members
please visit our Board of Education information page.
Matt Larson, Interim Assistant to the Superintendent for Instruction
- Teaching and learning with LPS students
- Challenges in public education
- General Instruction at LPS
Liz Standish, Associate Superintendent for Business Affairs
- School Finance 101
- Lincoln Public Schools Budget
- Lincoln Public Schools: Good stewards of our tax money
- General topics on business and finance
Eric Weber, Associate Superintendent for Human Resources
- Human Capital
- Hiring for One-to-one Technology Environments
- Professional Learning Communities
John Neal, Assistant Superintendent for General Administration and Governmental Relations
- Lobbying: Why a political subdivision needs one
- Favorite school district statistics
- Legislative issues for public education
- Community Learning Centers
- Pet Therapy
Walter Powell, Equity, Diversity and Multicultural Administrator
- Cultural diversity with students and staff
- Multicultural education: What does that mean?
- Race Relations
Jenny Fundus, Director of Special Education
- Quality Special Education Programming for students Kindergarten to age 21
- Aligning teaching strategies and the budget to meet student needs
- Building capacity of all educators to meet the needs of struggling learners
Takako Olson, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- What’s new in curriculum at Lincoln Public Schools?
- How we develop curriculum
- State standards