To graduate, students in grades 9-12 must meet the reading demonstration requirement. The reading demonstration verifies students’ vocabulary knowledge and reading comprehension skills. Students may meet the requirement in one of several ways:
- Receiving a MAP Reading Grades 6-12 RIT score of 217.
- Receiving at least a level of “On Track” on the NSCAS ELA in grades 7 and 8 or a level of “College and Career Ready (CCR)” in grade 8.
- Receiving a percentile rank of 50 or higher on a reading test on the approved list (e.g., Terra Nova, Iowa, PreACT, ACT, ACT Aspire) taken in grades 9-12 .
- Meeting requirements in an RGD Proxy course (e.g., Reading Advancement).
- Meeting requirements as specified through the ELL proxy process.
- Meeting requirements specified in the student’s IEP.