Two Workshop Options - Registration for BOTH is Online
Lincoln Public Schools offers high-quality, affordable workshops to help students prepare for the ACT college exam. Both LPS and non-LPS students are welcome to register.
Two payment options
(Your student does NOT have a reserved spot until payment is received):
1) Mail check to: LPS Test Prep, Box 19, LPSDO, 5905 O Street, Lincoln, NE 68510 (payable to LPS; write your student’s first and last name on the “Memo” line).
2) Pay Online via School Pay. There will be a $4.98 processing fee for the transaction. When you register, please choose School Pay as your payment option and a link will be sent to you following registration for you to complete the payment.
Full prices listed above. If a student qualifies for free or reduced lunch, tuition is reduced (contact your school counselor or Michelle Fonck at email@example.com for tuition information). A current year qualification letter needs to be on file with the district to receive price reduction.
Workshop refund policy
Cancellation requests must be received before the first class date. A $20.00 handling fee will apply.
Late registration fee
$20 (applies to students not registered by the deadline)
Late fee for unpaid registrations
The late fee also applies to registrants who have not paid the tuition by the “pay by” date. Your student does NOT have a reserved spot until payment is received. If a workshop is full, unpaid registrants may lose their spot in the workshop to paid registrants on the waiting list.
Registering for an LPS workshop DOES NOT register your student for the national test. You MUST also register separately for the national test! Get a registration booklet from your school’s counseling office, or register online. (National test dates and links are at the bottom of this page.)
LPS Testing Dates and Registration
Due to low enrollment, SAT/PSAT courses will not be offered in the Fall of 2020.
SAT National Test Dates
Register at http://www.collegeboard.org/ or by mail using a registration booklet from your school’s counseling office.
PSAT Test Date: October 17
To be considered for National Merit Scholarships, a junior must take the PSAT. Students MUST register through the schools’ counseling offices; no online registration.
Questions About LPS prep workshops
Questions about which test to take, when to test, and how to register for the tests
Please contact your student’s school counselor. As classroom teachers, we focus on test prep methods only. Counselors have test registration booklets and up-to-date information on the college admission process and are familiar with your student’s academic progress.
Students with IEPs
Students with IEPs may qualify for adjusted ACT, SAT, or PSAT testing conditions. Contact your IEP manager to apply. Your IEP manager must submit documentation used by ACT or SAT to determine the type and extent of adjustments allowed.
Are there other ways to prepare for these tests?
- Take the practice test found in the ACT registration booklet or the online SAT practice test, then learn from the questions missed. This option is free!
- Study independently with test prep books available at bookstores. The official ACT or SAT study books contain actual tests (that’s what we use). However, they offer very little help for test-taking strategies.
- An internet search for other local and online options.
Parents – please talk to your student before registering!
After a full day of school, an evening course tests a student’s endurance! Be sure your student is committed to investing the time and energy needed and is aware of the following workshop rules:
- Attend via Zoom with the camera on.
- Attendance and practice scores will be reported each week. Parents: please let us know if your student will be absent or will need to arrive late or leave early.
- Limit electronic distraction during class.
- We will contact parents with concerns or absences.