Technology Training

Technology Training & Support Resources from LPS Computing Services

Portal customization

Technology Training & Support Forums Other Portal customization

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kristi Peters 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mrinne
    mrinne
    Participant

I am an ITC at Pyrtle and I’ve had a few teachers ask about customizing student portals and teacher portals. Is this possible? If so, where can I find help/directions?

Kristi Peters
    Keymaster

Matt – There is not a way for individuals to customize their portal at this time. That said, we want the portal to be as useful as possible for all students & staff.

Things on the portal are those that require a login, in other words we do not want to turn the portal into a list of bookmarks. That said, we do have a few things there that all students need (Ex: school library site). The portal can be ‘customized’ by building to some degree (by Computing Services). We are working to add ‘student’ sites to those used by teachers to the staff portal (but don’t have that work done). Only tools that have been approved through the ITT process will be available on the Portal.

If you have questions or suggestions for the portal, please file a Helpdesk ticket under: Software/Service >> LPS Web Services >> Other Web Services. List the name of the tool and the web address that you use to log in to the site.

Additional information here: http://home.lps.org/training/2016/08/08/the-lps-portal/

Thanks Matt!
    Kristi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.