Synergy TeacherVUE allows you to download a spreadsheet of information about students assigned to you in each class period. This spreadsheet can be used to create labels, populate contact groups in LPS Google Docs and various other uses.
Once you have downloaded this information to your computer, please take any necessary steps to secure it from unauthorized viewing and delete it when no longer needed. This information should not be shared with students or non-LPS staff members.
Downloading student data from Synergy TeacherVUE
Login to the Synergy SIS and pull up the class/period you are interested in.
- Click the Reports tab.
- For “Output Type” select TXT
- Select the appropriate Report (Class List)
Your computer will download a text (txt) file to your computer that contains the information.
Using the Download
This txt file contains your requested data. It can be used in many ways. Here are some common approaches.
Open the file in Excel
As the file downloads, you can have the computer “Open in Microsoft Excel” to see it right away.
If the file is downloaded and saved to your computer, you can open the txt file with Excel at any time.
Put the data in a Google Spreadsheet
1. As the file downloads, have the computer “Save File.”
2. Once it is on your desktop, double-click the txt file to open it. Select all of the text in the document and copy it.
3. Open a blank Google Spreadsheet. Select cell A1. Paste the text.
It is important to ‘lock’ your computer or mobile device whenever you are not actively using it. The instructions below apply to Windows and Macintosh computers, iPod Touch and iPad handheld devices. If you have another mobile device that you use, please be sure to access your manufacturer’s instructions for locking the screen.
LPS Windows-based computers (Windows XP and Win7)
- Windows computers have a ‘managed’ feature that will lock your screen automatically after 30 min. of inactivity.
- To lock your screen at any time (such as whenever you leave your screen), press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then click on Lock Screen.
- When you wish to return to using the computer, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete again and login.
Macintosh users must modify System Preferences to make the computer lock.
- Go to System Preferences under the apple in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click the Security button
- Check the box at the top next to “Require password after sleep or screen saver begins. (immediately)”
- Click the Show All button at the top of the window
- Click the Screen Saver button
- Click the Hot Corners button at the bottom left of the window
- Select a corner of your choice (representing a corner of your screen) and select Start Screen Saver from the drop-down list
- Close the System Preferences window by clicking the Red close button
- Drag your mouse pointer to the corner that you selected in step 7. Your screen saver should start. Once you press a key or move your mouse, your computer will request your username and password.
- This process protects all information that you have running/showing on your computer.
- Select the Settings App
- Select General
- Select Auto-Lock
- Select a time setting
- Select General
- Select Passcode Lock
- Select the button title “Turn Passcode On“
- Enter a 4-digit passcode (Choose one that you will remember)
- Re-enter the passcode
From now on, you will need to enter your 4-digit passcode to begin using your iTouch or iPad.
Note: If you forget your passcode, you will need to use iTunes on your computer to reset the device back to its original settings.