Reading Recovery Flex Sessions
All Reading Recovery Teachers need to do 3.5 hours flex in the area of Reading Recovery.
July 30, 2016 LPSDO, Board Room, 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Colleague Collaboration with Video Lessons
This session will focus on increasing student achievement through examination of videotaped Reading Recovery Lessons. Conceptual understandings will be further developed during discussion of these lessons. We’ll talk about what we do and why we do it.
- November 10, 4:15 – 6:00, Calvert Media Center
- November 12, 8:30 – 10:15, LPSDO Board Room
Achieving Literary Success with ELLs
This session will focus on Achieving Literary Success with ELLs. We will discuss:
- ways to prepare these students to become successful readers and writers through appropriate literacy instruction.
- complex nature of literacy learning and how to remain tentative and flexible.
- how to place our focus on individual learners who take different paths to common outcomes.
- oral language and the reciprocal nature of reading and writing. This session is intended to be a resource for teachers that will provide:
- multiple perspectives of ELLs and their teachers.
- a variety of ways to assess their learning.
- suggestions for effective teaching and learning in all school settings.
- February 23, 2017, 4:15 – 6:00 pm, LPSDO Board Room
- February 25, 2017, 8:30 – 10:15 am, LPSDO Board Room